Frequently asked questions about the library.

Yes. We have a substantial Korean language collection in theology, and some French literature and language textbooks. We also have language-learning texts for a number of European and Asian languages.

EndNote is a bibliography management program that can save and format your citations for papers or theses. It also has a downloadable utility called Cite While You Write that allows you to format references in Microsoft Word (Windows and Mac) with the click of a button.

Go to the EndNote link on this research guide to create a free account.

Go to Articles (Databases) on the Library home page. Choose the subject area you are researching, choose one of the "Start Here" databases from the list, enter some key words, and search. Click here for a Flash video tutorial on finding journal articles. If you're still having difficulty, stop by the Research Help Desk where a librarian will be more than willing to help.

Check EDS or EBSCOhost first, to see if the library has access to the article. If the library doesn't have access, a "Borrow this item through interlibrary loan" (ILL) link will appear. If you cannot find the article or the ILL link does not appear, please submit your request here. Provide as much information on the form as possible.

If you have a specific title in mind, do a catalogue search. If you'd like to physically browse, Children's and Juvenile Fiction is located in the LT section of the Curriculum Resource Centre on the Upper Level.

There are a number of possible reasons. In order of likelihood:

  1. The catalogue's database is being updated. This lasts from 6-8 hours.
  2. The catalogue is broken. This happens occasionally and if it's outside the indexing hours above, contact us to let us know.

Note that even though the catalogue is indexing, it's still possible to access and search our e-book collections by going to this page and choosing the e-book collection you wish to search.

Don't suffer in silence, though. Contact us and let us know if you're having problems and we'll do our best to help.

It means that the electronic versions of the articles are not available for the specified number of months after their publication date. It is possible to order them from another library using Interlibrary Loan.

Each library has a different policy. The COPPUL website lists the services available at some university libraries. Alternatively, you can go to the website of the library you're planning to visit and search for their COPPUL policy. It's always a good idea to phone ahead to check what their lending policy is for students from other Canadian universities.