This Assignment is due one week after the final class. Send by e-mail attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the above assignment template to complete the assignment. It's a rich text format file that should work in any word processing program. Clicking on the link will download it to your computer. Find it in your Downloads folder. If you have any problems, please e-mail me and I'll send you a copy. You can enter your assignment answers right on this document and then send it to me by e-mail attachment.
Consult the rubrics to the right to determine what you should be doing to achieve excellence in the assignment.
Reading: Research Strategies, Chapters 8 to 10
PART ONE: Evaluation
Read the article: Janković, V., & Schultz, D. M. (2017). Atmosfear: Communicating the Effects of Climate Change on Extreme Weather.Weather, Climate, and Society, 9(1), 27-37: http://journals.ametsoc.org/doi/pdf/10.1175/WCAS-D-16-0030.1 This study argues that, by sensationalizing the coming of more extreme weather events as a result of climate change, scientists are actually limiting their ability to communicate the true risks. Answer the following questions:
1. Is this a scholarly work or not? Provide good reasons for your answer.
2. Is this article denying the existence of climate change?
3. What evidences do the authors present? (e.g. scientific experiments).
4. Does this study rely on data or only on convincing arguments?
5. How convinced are you by the article, and why?
1. Have another look at your research question, revise it if necessary, and state your final research question.
2. State your final outline in point form, preferably with both main headings and subheadings.
3. Present a bibliography of 14 items, at least 6 of them being scholarly articles. You can use resources that you have identified from previous assignments.
4. Conclude with a brief paragraph explaining why you believe the bibliography is of high quality and relevant to your research question.