Post issued March 19, 2020:
The Learning Commons Transitions Online
The physical Learning Commons is now closed, but online access remains open to help students as courses move online. Learning Commons Staff are prepared to meet with and support students online through the Learning Commons Appointment Booking System, Zoom, or telephone. As Moodle likely becomes the hub for your courses, please consider incorporating our PowerPoint slides and service information into your presentations or announcements.
Writing Centre – All our appointments are now online only.
· Book your appointment here: https://www.twu.ca/writing-centre/appointment-booking. At the day and time of the appointment, log back into the site and click on your appointment box to enter the online session.
· For more information, visit https://create.twu.ca/learningcommons/appointment-booking/graduate-online-appointments/
· WriteAway.ca, online writing feedback, is also available for undergraduate students. Upload your paper to receive feedback from a writing coach.
· To ask questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Math, Stats & Physics Tutoring - Yes, students can do this online!
· Students can sign up for FREE online video/ audio tutoring sessions: https://www1.twu.ca/writingcentre.
Centre for Accessible Learning
No face-to-face exams will be proctored at the Centre for Accessible Learning for the foreseeable future. All exams will be completed online. Please look for information from the Office of Online Learning or the Office of Teaching and Learning to support you.
Success Coaching – Sessions for students will continue online.
· Visit https://www1.twu.ca/writingcentre to book an online appointment with a Success Coach.
Academic Advising - Remains open and ready to assist students online!
· All advising sessions with Sheril and Colleen will be held online through Zoom.
· Students also have the option of emailing questions to Sheril (email@example.com) or Colleen (Colleen.Hansen@twu.ca).
· If students would like to meet in real-time through Zoom, they can book their appointment through WCOnline. The advisors will send them a Zoom link just before the meeting time.
· Problems with course registration? Contact the Office of the Registrar by putting in a Help Desk request (www.twu.ca/help) or by calling 604.513.2070.
Career and Professional Development - Online Career Help is available.
· Visit https://www1.twu.ca/writingcentre to book an online appointment with a Career and Professional Development Counsellor or a resume coach.
· To access our online resources, including assessments, please visit our website at: https://www.twu.ca/career-professional-development/students
Supplemental Instruction – Supplemental Instruction Leaders are online with Zoom!
· SI sessions will be held at their regular times on Zoom, please refer to Moodle for announcements from the Leaders - Zoom invites will be sent to enrolled students directly
· We are invested in preparing students for success during this time
· Supplemental Instruction Courses included:
§ Biology 242
§ Business 176
§ Business 275
§ Business 121
§ Chemistry 104
§ Chemistry 222
§ Math 123
§ Math 124
§ Philosophy 109
· If you have any other questions or concerns please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Check the Library & Learning Commons hours: https://www.twu.ca/library
· Library help: https://libguides.twu.ca/COVID19/info
We want students to know that we are here to encourage and support them as they move through these last few weeks of the semester. We are praying for you.
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” (John 14:27, NIV)
JENN SKELDING, M.Ed.
Executive Director, Learning Commons | Teaching & Learning
Trinity Western University | t. 604.513.2121 (3746)