Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Holds Pickups at Alloway Library
To serve TWU students, employees, and our alumni and community borrowers, Alloway Library has launched a Contactless Holds Pick up Service to allow library users to get print books and other media from our collection.
It starts with Library One Search or the Classic Catalogue and the barcode on your TWU ID card. Video tutorial on placing a hold.
- Find the material you want and use the Place Hold link.
- You can place up to 24 holds at a time.
- Holds can be placed on quarantined material, but depending on when the item was returned, it may not be available for up to 96 hours.
- Library staff will pull the material, check it out to your account, print a receipt and put everything in a plastic bag.
- You will get an email to tell you that the material is ready for pick up. The Library will be operating on a reduced schedule, visit Library Hours for operating times.
- Visit Borrower Services to pick up your material. You will need to show your ID.
- Check your receipt to make sure that it is correct. Please note your new due date, as overdue fines have now been reinstated for newly checked out items.
- Enjoy your reading!
For the health and safety of all, please wear a mask when you pick up material.
We are now providing same day Holds Pickup for holds placed before 3:00 pm.
Placing a Hold on a Print Book