Hold function active June 4; pickup service starts June 11
To serve TWU students, employees, and our alumni and community borrowers, Alloway Library has launched a contactless pick up service to allow library users to get print books and other media from our collection.
It starts with Library One Search or the Classic Catalogue and the barcode on your TWU ID card. Video tutorial on placing a hold.
- Find the material you want and use the Place Hold link.
- You can place up to 24 holds at a time.
- Please note that due to construction on the lower level, items with C-Z call numbers (except LT--Curriculum, and XX--In Cataloguing) may not be available until late August.
- Library staff will pull the material, check it out to your account, print a receipt and put everything in a plastic bag.
- You will get an email to tell you that the material is ready for pick up and the times when the pickup service is available.
- If you are feeling healthy, bring photo ID to the library and call us when you get to the front door.
- We will get your material and place it on our clean pickup table, let you in, check your ID and step back.
- Check your receipt to make sure that it is correct. Please note your new due date, as overdue fines have now been reinstated for newly checked out items.
- Enjoy your reading!
For the health and safety of all:
- Use a mask when you pick up material.
- The library building remains closed.